Housing Services is dedicated to increasing the quantity and quality of decent, safe, and affordable housing for Citrus County's moderate, low, and very low income families.
This division administers state and federally funded housing programs for home repairs and improvements, provides subsidies to first time home buyers for downpayments and closing costs, provides rental assistance, coordinates grant awards to affordable housing developers for new construction of homes for very low income and special needs families, as well as for affordable rental developments, and provides grant subsidies for utility connections and emergency energy assistance.
SHIP Assistance Programs:
(State Housing Initiatives Partnership)
The State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) provides funds to local governments as an incentive to create partnerships that produce and preserve affordable home ownership and multi-family housing. Applications are accepted year round by appointment as funding is available.
- Emergency Home Repair Assistance
- First Time Home Buyers Program
- Home Repairs for Low Income Families
- Water and Sewer Connection Assistance
More Housing Assistance Programs:
- Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Homes for Sale - (NSP)
- Mortgage Assistance (Florida Hardest-Hit Program)
- Principal Reduction Program
- Rental Assistance (Section 8)