The Corporation for National and Community Service initially awarded grant funding for RSVP of Citrus County in 1989.
The RSVP mission is to provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for people 55 and older who bring vast experience, skills, and interests from diverse economic, educational and social backgrounds to serve on a regular basis at sites throughout Citrus County.
Volunteers who are registered with RSVP are provided, at no cost, with supplemental automobile, liability and injury insurance coverage, while volunteering or traveling to/from their site. As funds allow, partial mileage reimbursement is available.
- RSVP provides recognition events each year where volunteers, station managers, community agencies, & other supporters of RSVP are honored
- Receive an invitation to the annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
- Remain on our mailing list for quarterly newsletter, which showcases volunteers at over 100 sites, advertises current volunteer position vacancies, and encourages fellow volunteers
- Partial travel reimbursement
- Supplemental accident, auto liability and personal liability insurance is provided at no cost while volunteering & driving to & from the site