Christmas in the Hills.
Christmas in the Hills Parade, Arts & Crafts, a Car Show, along with music, food and a Kids Fun Area! This is all happening in Beverly Hills, on Beverly Hills Blvd, Saturday, December 7, 2013!read more
Have you lost your pet?
There are a lot of folks here in Citrus County that do not know to call Citrus County Animal Services in the case that their pet is lost or missing.
You can either visit the Citrus County Animal Shelter at 4030 S. Airport Rd., Inverness, FL., or you can visit their website at www.citruscritters.com to see if your pet had been brought to the shelter.
Their website is live - meaning if your pet has been brought to the shelter, and has been impounded, you will have instant access to see if your pet is there. Visit this page to see our adoptable animals and/or to see if your lost/missing pet has been brought to the shelter.
"Adopt a Tree" for Those in Need event.
Citrus County Parks & Recreation in conjunction with Lowes and the Chronicle are sponsoring this exciting holiday event.
Buy a tree for $15.00, decorate it with your own personalized decorations, and it will be delivered to a deserving family in need. What a great way to share the sense of "giving" during this holiday season!!
- Chassahowitzka Restoration Project makes water more habitable (Tampa Bay Times article)
- Chassahowitzka Springs Artifacts Found
- Find out about Music & Dancing at the Senior Centers!
- Volunteering at the Animal Shelter can be fun! Walk or wash the dogs, let the cats stretch their legs, perhaps help with some gardening!
- Parks & Recreation is having a Waterfront Lifeguard Class for Lifeguards on 12/20/13
- You can print out coupons for entertainment and local amenities at visitcitrus.com