The Land Section offers a wide range of professional real estate services for the Board of County Commissioners, the Department of Public Works and other County Departments in a cost effective, coordinated and reliable manner. The Land Section only works with County owned properties and properties that the County is acquiring.
Fire Protection Assessment Application
In accordance with Resolution 2013-115 Section 5, each owner of mobile home park or recreational vehicle (RV) park property will be given the opportunity to demonstrate the vacancy rate in space occupancy within such property and receive a vacancy adjustment to the Fire Protection Assessments that was approved on July 23, 2013.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintains an inventory of all real property owned by Citrus County.
- Coordinates identification of County owned surplus real property and if there is no public need arranges for the disposition of surplus property according to Administrative Regulation 8.03-2
- Oversees Property Donations:
- To be acceptable for donation, all property must be free of any outstanding liens, mortgages, assessments and taxes.
- Land Section coordinates with other Departments to determine a public need for the property. If your lot can be accepted, you will be asked to execute and return a warranty deed and a notarized statement that the property is being conveyed free and clear of all mortgages, liens, assessments and taxes.
- Any person or entity holding real property in the form of a partnership, limited partnership, corporation, trust, or any form of representative capacity whatsoever for others must complete a Disclosure of Beneficial Interest Form pursuant to Florida Statutes 286.23.
- Land Section will provide you with the documents; however, we cannot advise you if your donation will be tax deductible. Please contact your local Internal Revenue Service Office and/or your State Income Tax agency.
- Street Identification Signage on Private Roads - Administrative Regulation 11.09-1.
- Establish and maintain various Municipal Service Benefit Units (MSBU) and Special Assessment Districts.
- Fire Protection Service MSBU.
- Road Improvement and/or maintenance MSBU's - Administrative Regulation 11.13.
- Street Lighting Municipal Service Street Lighting Units - Administrative Regulation 11.08-1.
- Water & Wastewater MSBU’s (Various water quality programs may be available whereby the improvement costs are borne by the benefited property owners).