- Fire Protection Service MSBU Interim Assessments
(Effective August 4, 2014)
Private Road Maintenance Program
At the July 8, 2014 Board of County Commissioners meeting, an administrative regulation that provides for a maintenance program for private roads was approved.
The administrative regulation describes the program by which citizens that reside on a private road may petition the County to provide improvements and/or maintenance to their road, funded through a special assessment. The total costs associated with said road improvements and/or maintenance, which includes construction, engineering, administrative, interest and financing costs, and other direct costs and fees, shall be borne by special assessments levied against benefiting property owners.
The Land Section offers a wide range of professional real estate services for the Board of County Commissioners, the Department of Public Works and other County Departments in a cost effective, coordinated and reliable manner. The Land Section only works with County owned properties and properties that the County is acquiring.
Responsibilities for Land section include:
- Maintaining an inventory of all real property owned by Citrus County
- Coordinates identification of County owned surplus real property and if there is no public need, arranges for the disposition of surplus property according to Administrative Regulation 8.03-2
- Oversees Property Donations:
- To be acceptable for donation, all property must be free of any outstanding liens, mortgages, assessments and taxes
- Land Section coordinates with other Departments to determine a public need for the property. If your lot can be accepted, you will be asked to execute and return a warranty deed and a notarized statement that the property is being conveyed free and clear of all mortgages, liens, assessments and taxes
- Any person or entity holding real property in the form of a partnership, limited partnership, corporation, trust, or any form of representative capacity whatsoever for others must complete a Disclosure of Beneficial Interest Form pursuant to Florida Statutes 286.23
- Land Section will provide you with the documents; however, we cannot advise you if your donation will be tax deductible. Please contact your local Internal Revenue Service Office and/or your State Income Tax agency
- Street Identification Signage on Private Roads - Administrative Regulation 11.09-1
- Establishes and maintains various Municipal Service Benefit Units (MSBU) and Special Assessment Districts
- Fire Protection Service MSBU
- Road Improvement and/or maintenance MSBU's - Administrative Regulation 11.13
- Street Lighting Municipal Service Street Lighting Units - Administrative Regulation 11.08-1
- Water & Wastewater MSBU’s
(Various water quality programs may be available whereby the improvement costs are borne by the benefited property owners)