The Road Maintenance Division, in addition to patching potholes, correcting drainage problems, maintaining bridges, and solving other roadway problems, continues to aid other divisions with projects on a regular basis.
- Provided disaster response and relief assistance to various communities and agencies
- Completed extensive drainage retrofit improvements to the Beverly Hills subdivision
- Implemented Americans with Disabilities Act required improvements to public and staff parking areas, including the Homosassa Boat Ramp parking facility
- Partnered with the Citrus Springs Municipal Unit (MSBU) to upgrade the remaining 116 miles of roadway for perpetual County maintenance prior to the year 2000
- Administered the NACO Award Winning Lime-Rock Road Paving Program which helps citizens pave County maintained roads at a minimum cost
- Utilized inmates to assist in the tasks of cleaning up unauthorized dumping areas, including illegal tire disposal sites, and the perpetual cleanup of roadside debris.